Sunday, November 12, 2017

3 Cards and a Tag

I was supposed to address Thanksgiving cards yesterday, but used that time to make some more projects--surprise, surprise!  Good thing is I can do it today while we watch football.  Some challenges are about to close, so better show you my projects.
First up is my photo card for PTI MIM.  Ashley made Christmas cards, but the instructions just say to use a PTI product & a photo.  We had such brilliant Fall color this year, I thought the cherry blossom trees on our street would make a great Thanksgiving card. 
I did practice on a scrap of photo paper before stamping the sentiment from PTI Autumn Adornments & I used my Mini MISTI--thank goodness.  I had no problem with smearing, but did stamp multiple times with Versafine Vintage Sepia.  It still wasn't dark enough, so I did a top layer of Onyx Black & that was perfect. 
Struggled with the die cut leaves as I wanted something complimentary, but not distracting.  Finally settled on a small grouping from Fancy Foliage colored with Zigs.  I'm also entering SSS Monday.

Next is another felt poinsettia card & I did more French Knots--so fun! 
This MFT die may be my favorite floral die--wish it had a matching stamp.  The scalloped black oval is MFT Stitched Oval Scallop Frames.  I don't have Ellen Hutson stamps, but I do have Merry and Bright dies which I cut from black & brushed with Wink of Stella.  The dry embossing is one of my favorites (Anna Griffin's Feather Illusion) & I finished off with white Nuvo Drops.
I'm entering EH Mix with MFT, Christmas Card Challenges, HLS Christmas & Word Art Wednesday.
Banner-MIX-itGrab our badge:
One of my newest blogging friends is Tracy Freeman.  She provided the inspiration for my next card & tag.
Hopefully hubby will agree that this card works for his 20 something grandson's birthday this month. 
I used the layout of Tracy's card with the beautiful HA acorn die from Autumn Icons & a very old HA sentiment.  The papers are from a pad with copper foiling on kraft that Target had last year & the twine with the copper thread is from Michael's.  I'm entering ABHN, AAA where my good friend, Ros, is the GD, Casology ("Mighty oaks from little acorns grow") & DRU
Grab our Badge!
And finally my tag based on Tracy's Day 11 tag for the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  I do love poinsettias & heat embossing, so I pulled out Penny Black's set called joyous from 2009 (gorgeous images!) & one of my first embossing powders--Egyptian Gold by JudiKins. 

The tag was cut with Poppystamps Tunnel Tags & the sentiment is from Hero Arts. 
I attached my bow slightly off center, like Tracy did & I think this will eventually be turned into a tag card.  I'm also entering HLS Anything Goes with Dies.  Thanks so much for getting through this long post.  Your comments always make my day.

36 comments:

  1. All of your projects are so pretty! The Thankful for You card is so beautiful with the gorgeous fall leaves on the trees. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photo and card and your die cuts leaves compliment the amazing photo. Love the texture of the felt and the dry embossing on your gorgeous poinsettia card. Love the tone on tone of your third card and your tags are so pretty Greta x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta, how beautiful creations! I love the cherry blossoms on your first card. I never thought that we could create a photo card! It is amazing! And I LOVE the felt flower with the french knots on your second card. It is a great inspiration for me, my friend. As for the third card, the acorns are adorable! Of course, the bright red colour on the tag makes it brilliant! Kisses, my friend. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the acorns on the kraft card. stunner. Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy bee you've been Greta! Beautiful creations. My favourite is the poinsettia card, I love the texture of the felt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. all wonderful creations, Greta - your photo card is so lovely, the poinsettia beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely projects here to inspire. Love the idea of stamping on a photo and the cluster of leaves sets off your gorgeous fall colours. The bold, felt poinsettia looks wonderful on the textured background. The little acorns look perfect for a man's card and the tag with the shimmery gold is truly festive. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards and tag today! The poinsettias embossed in gold are beautiful against the red for your tag. Thanks for joining the 25 Days of Christmas Tags event!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant tags...the gold embossing make them stand out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies November Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. more fabulousness, greta!! the photo card is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been a busy bee Greta! Your photo card turned out great. Those trees are just gorgeous! You are a wiz with your felt blooms. The poinsettia is lovely. Cute little acorns on the next card and what an elegant tag. Lots of amazing inspiration here tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow such beautiful creations! Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were one busy gal, Greta, and each project is beautifully done. Why didn’t I use one of the fall foliage shots I captured this year? Probably because my printer was not liking photo paper for some reason. Who prints photos any more, especially at home? My fav is your felt poinsettia card as it’s very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. An array of goodness and inspiration, Greta! Also, excellent for all the challenges! You are on a creative roll!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful - all of them but I'm slightly partial to those gold embossed poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowser, I can't keep up with your crafting! These are all terrific. I love the red felt poinsettias and gold embossed tag. How fun to add a picture to your card and it captures fall so well. Those tiny acorns are cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Greta! What a beautiful collection of projects! Love the pretty poinsettias! Such a fun photo card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greta you are on a roll, getting so much done. I am jealous! That photo card is stunning, such a good picture and your adornments are perfect. Your poinsettia and the french knots are perfectly done and a great entry. I love the little acorns on your birthday card - perfectly male. Your tag is so elegant, and I love the offset bow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, look at you go! So much beauty and creativity on one post. I really love the clean and simple, masculine birthday card with those tiny acorns. A perfect card for our challenge. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome projects! Your photo card is beautiful and the sentiment is perfect. Your poinsettia card with french knots is so pretty! Love the card for your grandson and embossed tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just love all your projects, Greta - wow, you've been busy! Especially love your fall photo card - gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super use of your friend’s layout on your acorn card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful projects! I love the acorn birthday card. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW Greta, you were a busy beaver. Gorgeous cards and tag.

    ReplyDelete
  26. All gorgeous....you have been busy !!! Love the felt flowers and LOVE LOVE LOVE your tag :) sending hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards and tag, Greta! Oh, your poinsettia in felt is very special!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OH my! This is quite the production Greta!
    Love them all my Friend!
    Big Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Greta, beautiful cards and tags and love your CASED card. Thanks again for playing along with A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful poinsettia card Greta. Perfect for Christmas. Lovely background and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at HLS November Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely love your Thanksgiving photo card! Great idea! The felted poinsettia is so pretty, the acorn card fun and CAS, and the tag really festive! You are a very productive lady!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your cards and tag are all so lovely. The felt poinsettia looks fabulous. I never remember to use mine and I did go buy some after seeing some of your pretty cards with felt in the past.
    The tag is beautiful...so shimmery and delicate.

    The cherry blossom tree card is fabulous....what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the acorns on the kraft cardstock. Lovely take on our challenge and thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love that poinsettia card. That embossed background is gorgeous, and I especially love the detail of those french knots. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at Happy Little Stampers November Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.