Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving

Wishing all my US friends a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Be safe if you're travelling.  We're spending a quiet rainy day at home watching the parade & football.  Of course, I'll probably work in a little crafting--haha!
I have a couple more Christmas projects to show you.  First is a photo ornament for PTI MIM

Our neighbor snapped this shot on the day of hubby's family reunion this summer so we could send a text saying we were thinking of them.  The photo & Enchanted Evening mat were die cut with PTI Mat Stack 3.  The bottom strip was die cut from Spring Rain & the dot wreath from Wreath for all Seasons was stamped using Delicata Silvery Shimmer. 
The little branches are from Spruce & Sprigs.  Probably will send this to my sister.

Next is a card using Ellen Hutson Bold Blossom--my first EH purchase.  Decided to do something different with it to enter the What's Your Favorite challenge celebrating EH's 11th Anniversary.  Gotta say--I really love how it turned out! 
The large & small leaves were die cut from a panel of watercolor paper smooshed with 3 green Distress Inks.  The sparkle is from splattering with my Wink of Stella pen which I also brushed on the white linen card front. 
The center embellishment is at least 15 years old--just what I needed!  The red panel was mounted with foam tape & this one I may hand deliver.  I'm also entering HLS Anything Goes with Dies.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.
Anniversary-2017-bloghop-square-rgb

26 comments:

  1. What a fun ornament and a fabulous card, Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a beautiful day? What a lovely photo, you both look so happy x The photo ornament is such a sweet idea and love how you've put it together. Neat and crisp card. Love how you've used the leaf die and how you've splattered with the wink of stella....never done that with the pen, so will be giving that one a go....Thank you x Just goes to show you should never throw anything out....

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great picture of you and Steve - and lovely ornament - and love how your used the those leaves and the joy in the middle is perfect. we have a beautiful, chilly sunny day here in Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Greta. Your card is great, but I LOVE the beautiful photo of you and your husband. Perfect! You are such a pretty couple. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Greta. The tag photo of you and your hubby is just awesome and such a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo tag of you and your hubby Greta...what a sweet picture! And your EH card is beautiful! And I think I have that same joy embellishment somewhere in my stash too...too funny! Glad you were able to use it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you made an photo ornament out of that great picture. A keepsake for sure. Using the leaf die made a stunning card and it is a great idea. The joy is a perfect center for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card for the EE anniversary challenge, greta!! the design is so clever!! your photo ornament is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Greta! Both of your projects are wonderful! Great photo ornament! Such a sweet photo! Love all the shine and shimmer! Your card is very pretty! Such a fancy embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea for the thanksgiving tag. It's a lovely photo . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great ornament - i love all of the details you included! pretty card too! thanks for playing make it monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving dear Greta!
    Love, Love that precious photos ornement and your Christmas card is a classic beauty!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Greta. There is an award for you, my friend, on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! Love the layout and colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ATG with Dies November Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving! We have been doing a major renovation of our house since the last week of September. Everything is in boxes including my craft room. Will be glad when things are back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope your Thanksgivings was wonderful, your tag is beautiful, such a happy looking beautiful couple :) The green flower on the bottom design is so pretty and amazing that you've managed to keep the center joy embellishment for 15 years! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photo tag is a great idea and came out beautifully! How brilliant to create such a gorgeous flower from the EH leaf! And that 15 year old embellishment just waited for this moment to shine!
    Hope you enjoyed your quiet Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards. You and your husband look so happy! Nice to see. Love, love the EH card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful photo of the two of you! Your sister is going to cherish this Greta, it's so pretty! And your card is super cool! LOVE the center embellishment, it doesn't show it's age haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oops...I forgot to thanks you for the beautiful Thanksgiving card we received. We had a wonderful day with a house full of love and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my Greta, I swear you are the master of that die set. Everytime you come up with something new and different. I definitely have to steal this one...I mean case...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two lovely projects Greta. The sweet photo looks great on the tag and how wonderful that the little red centre finally had it's time in the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you had a fabulous day my friend... What a super photo and a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greta, what darling creations.
    And, what a sweet photo of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.