Friday, November 17, 2017

Red and Green with Sparkle and Shine!

I enjoy non-traditional colors for Christmas, but I never get tired of red & green.  Add sparkle and shine & I'm even happier!  
First is a card for SSS Flickr Challenge #84.  The theme is holiday, my favorite cards to make.  I also love foil & couldn't resist the new Gina K Fancy Foils--absolutely gorgeous in real life!  I got the red & green--should have also gotten the silver. 
Unfortunately, I could not get good results with my cheap laminator, so gave in & ordered the one Gina K uses.  Under $40, so not too bad.  Until it arrives, I'm back to using self-adhesive foam, which works great.  I had no trouble cutting the Memory Box ornament, even though the string & bow are very narrow.  You just press on the foil & voila!
The PTI frame was sitting on my table, but I wasn't happy with the plain white.  What a difference with simply brushing on a white metallic watercolor.  The card front was covered with a piece of green glitter cardstock that's pretty expensive, but I got it on sale last year.  So beautiful & totally no mess.  The word from SSS Joyeux Noel was cut from black scraps & stacked 4 high.  A single gem seemed like the only embellishment needed.  I'm also entering CropStopHLS Anything Goes with Dies & The Snippets Playground
Snippets Playground Badge
Next is my tag inspired by the one Tracey made for Day 16 of The 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  I don't have a die like she used, so instead I used a Penny Black stamp from christmas wishes. 
I stamped in white & embossed with a sparkle powder & stamped again in green.  After coloring the leaves green I added Star Dust Stickles.  The berries are covered with Christmas Red Stickles, as are the letters cut from MFT dies.
I fussy cut the top of the tag & used a PPP die for the bottom.  I tried many angles & lights, but just couldn't get decent pictures.  I'm also entering HLS Christmas Challenge & SSS Monday.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.

29 comments:

  1. Your post is a sea of sparkle Greta and ever so PRETTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your joy tag is very pretty. I'm like you traditional red and green is hard to beat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Greta. Love the sparkle on your card and what a great tag. Very elegant looking

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought for sure that the top was die cut -- bowing to your fussy cutting skills. Love the tag and your card is gorgeous. I sure am glad I have some of those fancy frames to work with thanks for sending them my way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic fussy cutting on that tag, Greta - love it! Gorgeous card with all the sparkle too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this foil is beautiful. I'm sorry your laminator wouldn't work well with it. Sometimes I run it through twice or add an extra piece of paper to get a better press. Your second tag is awesome. I love how you cut the top of it, it makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty Greta - love all the sparkle and the bauble and bow on the snippets card is beautiful!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. your tag is amazing, Greta - i thought it was a die cut too - and your glittery ornament card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the foiling on the first card is just amazing, greta!! love that sweet little tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so pretty! I never get tired of red and green too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fbulous cards that are full of sparkle ad shine! Loving the look of the glittery foam on this stunning card.
    iagree about the cost of glitter card for a background but I got some on sale for 12 cents last year (Joann's) and like you, then I don't have to be afraid to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant and classy looking. Just bought some foiling sheets and a glue pen from the NEC to foil it by hand. Not sure if I would get on ok with a laminator. This is super with a beautiful sheen. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of Christmas sparkle all over your post today! Gosh, there's always something new to love, isn't there? What an amazing effect the foil has on your ornament. I really like how you cut away the top of your tag, too. Traditional colors are my favorite for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greta, I'm with you on liking to to use non-traditional colors for holiday cards, but also loving the green and red that we usually associate with Christmas. Love your pretty card with all the glitter and sparkle! Thanks so much for linking it up to Cropstop. It's always lovely to have you play along in the challenges each month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...love all the wonderful sparkle! You can never have too much in my opinion! Your tag is adorable...thanks for joining Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card and tag, Greta. I love glitter and Christmas creations!!! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful, sparkly card and tag! Both look very festive! I also love shimmer and sparkle, especially for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card and tag, Greta!! Love all the green/red and shimmer and shine! Lovely and so festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this classic colour combo and all the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas on your blog Greta. Love the traditional colours, the sparkle and shimmer - so very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous sparkly creations my friend... sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and tag Greta :-) I love all of the sparkle, very lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card and tag Greta! Love the pretty ornament, all the shimmer and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree about red and green, classic Christmas. Your card has lots of lovely sparkle and that's a clever way to shape the tag round the holly. x AlisonC Snippets GD

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the red sparkly letters of joy. Thanks for playing at the HLS Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty, sometimes you just can't beat the traditional christmas colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sweet! I love the dies you used and how you used them! Awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ATG with Dies November Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful and elegant Christmas card.
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us on Happy Little Stampers Xmas.
    hugs,
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.