Wednesday, March 14, 2018

PRS Create It Wednesday~Celebrate

It's my day on the PRS Blog & this week's project is a bright, happy birthday card.  I began by cutting a panel of white cardstock with angles. Then I double white embossed the fun cassette tape image from the Daily Thoughts stamp set, using a stamp positioner. 
Distress Oxide twisted citron was sponged over the entire panel, adding more layers inside the images.  DO inks are very easy to blend, but another reason I decided to add them to my stash is the fact that they have pigment ink qualities.  That allowed me to stamp a label for the tapes & the card sentiment from the Oh So Fun stamp set, plus the star cluster from Daily Thoughts.  The dots are made by touching the tip of a waterbrush to the inked panel & blotting with a paper towel.

Love adding texture with an embossing folder, so that's what I did after the sentiment was stamped on the card front.  Fun foam was used behind the stamped panel to keep even dimension after it goes through the mail.  I think this fun green shade combined with the tape image works for a guy or a gal, especially one who loves music & isn't too young--haha!  


To stay updated with all the PRS projects & products, join us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram & Youtube.

I'm entering Die Cut DivasTime Out Challenges & SSS National Craft Month.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.

I'm a Diecut Diva Too

19 comments:

  1. Hi Greta this looks great,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this twisted citron color on your cute card. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I'm just trying to stay above water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool card, Greta! Love this color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card sure is bright and happy and do so love that vibrant twisted citron that you have used....the white embossing sure does pop against it. Great too that you can stamp with the oxides too x Love the texture on the background too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a neat way to use that stamp, Greta - and the bright green is perfect for a spring birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design and what a fun card. Love it. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta, you rocked this design (pun intended. That embossed card base is great and my favorite design trick at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a great design and love the colors. But I hate to say this, but this would be only for the older crowd. Kids now days would wonder what in the world that was. LOL I still have lots of these cassettes but nothing to play them on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the design and that gorgeous color! Super cute with the embossed cassettes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous. Love the pretty colour

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design - I love the fun offset panel with the lime green - and the cassette motif really completes the fun vibe! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! LOVE the colour combo, your stamping is fabulous, love it.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a nifty idea to create the spots. Love the bright colour. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! and Love that gorgeous green!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very lovely lime green, Greta! Wonderful embossed cassettes! And, love the sweet stars, too! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greta what a fun card, I love the green with the embossing! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super card this is. It looks great in that lovely citrus green. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun and fresh looking card! The color combo reminds me of spring! Love the texture of the card front, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.